CK Group are recruiting for an Operations Manager, to develop into an Operations Director, on behalf of a fine chemicals manufacturing company, to be based at their site in West Bromwich on a permanent basis.
Our client is a well established manufacturer of fine chemicals, producing chemical intermediates on a contract and commercial basis. Due to the proposed retirement of the current Operations Director, they are hiring an Operations Manager to work alongside the current Operations Director, with a view to taking over this position in 2022.
The main purpose of the position is the overall management and accountability for the Production and Engineering functions to meet the company?s sales, output, manufacturing efficiency, quality, safety and environmental performance targets and standards.
Your duties will include:
- Setting the annual budget for the Operations Department and prioritisation of budget and capex expenditure in line with the 5 years sales plan
- Direct management of two Manufacturing Cell Managers, the Head of Engineering and a product Manager
- Planning for labour and equipment utilisation throughout the year
- Leadership and Management to ensure compliance with all SHE/Quality Policies and Procedures within Production and Engineering operations.
- Process and capacity improvement, new technologies, utilities management and savings, carbon net zero, waste minimisation and site housekeeping
- Compliance with Climate Change Agreement external targets
- External liaison as required with customers, sub-contractors, suppliers, community, fire service, counter terrorism and insurers
- Ensuring that site security policy measures are maintained
- Ensure sufficient trained personnel for Permit To Work authorisation and for Emergency Teams
To be considered for the position you will ideally have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified to BSc level (or possess equivalent experience) in Chemistry, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- Extensive experience in chemical synthesis.
- Experience in SHE requirements and process safety management (preferably gained in a COMAH environment).
- Experienced leader with ability to manage, coach and develop others.
- Commercially aware, with the ability to manage cost and budgets effectively
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information, or to apply for the position, please contact Sarah Farrow on 0191 3706486 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 50483.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Sarah Farrow
- Phone: 0191 384 8906
- Reference: 50483
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 9th July 2021
- Expires: 6th August 2021