CK Group is recruiting for a Development Technologist on behalf of a global manufacturer of PVC products, to be based at their site in Cramlington on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible for initiating and managing projects for the development of PVC products and processes. With a focus on creativity and innovation you will suggest new and alternative materials and technologies
Your duties will include:
- Effectively managing projects in accordance with the company?s NPD&I process, ensuring that project objectives are met within agreed timescales.
- PVC related raw material evaluation, taking into consideration the value engineering, group strategic direction, environmental and Health and Safety aspects.
- Identifying and managing formulation changes in response to product and process requirements.
- Ensure products comply with current regulations and quality requirements, through establishing control specifications and testing procedures.
- Efficient use of production time through carefully planned and run technical trials.
- Ensuring good transfer of technical information in appropriate product areas.
- Maintaining awareness of technological developments in the appropriate fields of interest through publications, patent searches, supplier contacts etc, in order to be in a position to contribute innovate ideas which lead to the expansion/improvement of the company?s product portfolio.
To be considered for the position, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified to a minimum of BSc level in Chemistry, Materials Science or another relevant subject
- Experience gained in a senior technical role within the plastics (preferable PVC) or coating industry
For more information, or to apply for the position, please contact Sarah Farrow on 0191 3706486 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Sarah Farrow
- Phone: 0191 384 8906
- Reference: 51091
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 9th July 2021
- Expires: 6th August 2021