We are looking for a Statistical Geneticist to drive the creation of new methods for the analysis and interpretation of next-generation sequencing (NGS) data.
Working with a highly skilled interdisciplinary team at the interface of chemistry, molecular biology, bioinformatics, and software, this role will create and establish tools and methods to enable the analysis of DNA sequence and methylation data in support of our R&D projects and clinical studies.
Skills and Experience:
- Exercise excellent team-working skills; ability completing collaborative projects on time and within budget.
- Exercise excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate complex ideas and information effectively at all levels.
- Enjoys working towards challenging goals in a fast-moving environment where on-time delivery of results is a high priority.
- Ability to act with an inclusion mindset and model these behaviours for the organization.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Ph.D. in statistical genetics, applied mathematics, statistics, or related field.
- Experience working in statistical genetics.
- Experience of working with genetic data.
- Experience conducting high-quality independent research.
- Demonstrated proficiency in scientific programming, such as python and/or R.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Right to work in United Kingdom without sponsorship.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2160669
- Posted: 9th July 2021
- Expires: 6th August 2021