We are currently looking for a QC Microbiology Scientist to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy company based in the Glasgow area. As the QC Microbiology Scientist you will be responsible for providing specialist microbiological knowledge, practical expertise, problem solving/troubleshooting skills and good time management ability.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the QC Microbiology Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will perform environmental monitoring of the cleanroom facility and microbial identification using gram stain, catalyse and oxidase tests and Vitek methodology.
2. As the QC Microbiology Scientist you will analyse and evaluate QC methods, techniques, processes and machinery to develop and implement improvements or changes.
3. You will also ensure that analytical and microbiological equipment is calibrated and maintained in accordance with GMP quality systems. This will include identifying deviations and faults in instrument performance and determine an appropriate response to them.
4. The QC Microbiology Scientist will also be responsible for training and supervising more junior members of staff.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the QC Microbiology Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline plus industry experience.
2. Proven industry experience working within an aseptic GMP manufacturing facility.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience performing microbiology techniques such as microbial identification, sterility testing and environmental monitoring.
Key Words: Microbiology / Microbiologist / QC / Quality Control / GMP / Good Manufacturing Practice / Cleanroom / Cell Therapy / Gene Therapy / Microbial Identification / Sterility Testing / Endotoxin / Bioburden / Environmental Monitoring / Life Sciences / Biotech / Biopharma / Vitek / Aseptic.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Rachel Benjamin
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5635229
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 9th July 2021
- Expires: 6th August 2021