Laboratory Technician required, based in Greater Manchester (North). Requiring experience of QC or colour-matching in inks, coatings, paints, dispersions or similar. No degree required but applications from Chemistry graduates with or without industrial experience are welcome.
Title: Laboratory Technician (Inks/Coatings)
Location: Greater Manchester (North)
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum (depending on experience)
SRG is working with a well-established and fast-growing company who specialise in the manufacture of speciality inks and coatings for a range of industries. With a busy technical department based in Greater Manchester, they are now looking for a new Laboratory Technician to join the team in the QC and colour-matching of raw materials, production batches and finished products. The role will involve a variety of wet chemistry testing, producing C of As and adjusting formulations as necessary for production. This could be an ideal career step for someone with existing QC experience with similar products (inks/paints/coatings/adhesives). Equally, the company can consider applications at a more junior level and welcome applications from Chemistry graduates with or without industrial experience.
Benefits: A permanent role in a fast-paced laboratory environment, you will join an experienced and supportive team, with training provided. Company pension scheme, 23 days holiday, increasing with length of service, plus 8 bank holidays. 39 working hours, Monday to Friday, 6am - 2pm and 12pm - 8pm (rotating weekly).
Role / Description
- Conducting QC testing on raw materials, production batches and finished products using wet chemistry techniques to assess viscosity, drying speed, solid content, proofing, etc.
- Colour-matching (by eye and X-Rite spectrophotometer) and check-weighing colour formulations
- Recording data to generate Certificates of Analysis (C of As), inputting any formulations changes into the system
- Recommending formulation adjustments to production to ensure products meet specifications
- Supporting formulation work as required to cover absences
- Practical experience of QC testing colour products, such as inks, coatings, paints, dispersions, adhesives, or similar products
- Chemistry degree with or without industrial experience, QC experience beneficial
- Good wet chemistry skills essential
- Good colour vision
- Well organised, with ability to adapt priorities at short notice
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: QC, quality control, testing, analysis, wet chemistry, colour, ink, coating, paint, dispersion, pigment, adhesive, primer, liquid, water-based, solvent-based, chemistry, laboratory, colour-matching, colour vision, X-Rite, XRite, spectrophotometer
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Faye Allison
- Phone: 0161 868 2218
- Reference: J2161061
- Posted: 7th July 2021
- Expires: 4th August 2021