A manufacturer of laboratory instruments is looking to appoint a Product Manager into its technical team. As the Product Manager you will play a pivotal role driving rapid growth across the sample preparation product portfolio, specifically within XRF applications.
This hybrid role will require you to apply your technical and commercial skills within product development, market development, account management and business development.
To be successful you should hold a scientific qualification, ideally at degree level, possess in depth technical knowledge around laboratory instrumentation (Sample Preparation, XRF) and be to demonstrate success in the management of a product portfolio, driving profitable sales growth.
Product Manager Responsibilities:
- Responsible for driving sales growth of products, with specific focus on the sample preparation specifically within XRF applications.
- Identifying new markets and channel opportunities to grow revenue profitably, grow market share, and in the education of OEM representatives, dealers, and end users and to drive growth through these initiatives.
- Seek out and generate partnerships, ideas, and identify emerging applications, new markets and channels that will lead to new and profitable business revenue generation.
- Managing and leading key accounts, key relationships at all levels, with responsibility to identify and exploit opportunities for growth.
- Responsible for and manage the entire life of NPD projects:
- From conception to specification.
- Development of the commercial case.
- Development of appropriate marketing collateral.
- Education of internal and external stakeholders.
- Launch and achievement of sales targets.
- Contribute to the creation of the appropriate marketing collateral for each key product and the understanding of product features.
Product Manager Requirements:
- Educated to degree level with a scientific qualification.
- Possess in depth technical knowledge around laboratory instrumentation (Sample Preparation, XRF)
- Able to demonstrate success in the management of a product portfolio, driving profitable sales growth.
- Demonstrable experience of working in customer focused account management.
- Ability to lead senior customer relationships in a key account management environment.
- Flexibility to travel abroad as per business needs.
Salary: £40,000 - £46,000
Benefits: Performance Bonus, Pension Scheme, Perkbox
Role: Permanent, Full Time
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6982
- Posted: 7th July 2021
- Expires: 4th August 2021