In this new role you will be involved with improving procedures relating to antibody/protein reagents and analytical systems.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Providing technical support to manufacturing departments
- Improving antibody purification and analysis methods.
- Developing new antibody specificity assessment protocols and establishing acceptance criteria.
- Designing and implementing experimental ideas with appropriate controls.
- Assessing new materials and laboratory equipment and providing feedback on their suitability for use.
- Developing technical expertise in a broad spectrum of disciplines including (but not limited to): protein/antibody purification and analysis, automated preparative and analytical systems and immunoassays (multiple formats).
- Generating clear and accurate experimental records and present findings in project and departmental meetings.
Skill and experience
- Degree in Biochemistry or related discipline.
- Master's degree or experience in a scientific / technical role.
- Experience in protein purification, use of ÄKTA systems and Unicorn software.
- Experience in protein characterisation techniques (e.g. SDS-PAGE, western blotting, etc.).
- Knowledge of protein chemistry and immunology.
- Ability to perform scientific calculations, including molar and unit conversions, reaction kinetics, purity assessments and statistical analyses.
- A passion for biochemical/analytical sciences with a desire to work in a dynamic environment.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2160889
- Posted: 7th July 2021
- Expires: 4th August 2021