We are currently looking for a Bioinformatics Developer to join a leading Molecular Diagnostics company based in the Manchester area. As the Bioinformatics Developer you will be responsible for providing a high level of bioinformatics expertise in the design, development and maintenance of algorithms and software for use in molecular diagnostic and screening products and services.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Bioinformatics Developer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Provide a high level of bioinformatics and software expertise in development projects.
2. Lead the design and execution of studies to refine existing algorithms and to develop novel ones, to convert genomic and other bioinformatic data into actionable clinical information.
3. Produce and maintain comprehensive and accurate documentation of bioinformatics studies executed and software developed.
4. Contribute to support, maintenance and improvement of products, services, and in-house bioinformatics computing resources and associated documentation. Covering hardware, software and also curating and securing of development bioinformatics data.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Bioinformatics Developer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Further degree (or equivalent) in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Scientific Computing or similar, employing applied mathematics and statistics, algorithm development and software programming.
2. Excellent scientific software programming, statistical and quantitative skills, with practical commercial experience of at least 3 appropriate compiled and scripted general purpose and domain specific languages, such as: Java, C#, C, C++, the R System for Statistical Computing, Python, Matlab, Perl/BioPerl, and UNIX/Linux shell scripting languages.
3. Experience of database design and management systems and SQL is advantageous.
Key Words: Bioinformatics , Bioinformatician , Developer , Pipeline , NGS , Analysis , Python , R , UNIX , Scripting , Algorithm
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Elliott Harvey
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5635211
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 6th July 2021
- Expires: 3rd August 2021