Microbiologist - Pharmaceuticals
£22,000 to £27,000 + Benefits
Based in Hampshire, 12 month contract initially
Do you have demonstratable experience working with Microbiology Techniques, ideally from a Quality Regulated Microbiology Environment?
Would you like to work for a leading organisation with a specialist Pharmaceutical Microbiology function.
My client are leading specialists in the Pharmaceutical industry, with a repertoire of service offerings and products. Working within their Microbiology Department, the Microbiologist - Pharmaceuticals will involve a number of laboratory activities, including the preparation of products for microbiology analysis and testing, followed by the generation of test data in line with regulatory / GMP standards.
This position is a great opportunity to join a reputable organisation, where you can develop your technical Microbiology and scientific skillset further.
Key Responsibilities of the Microbiologist - Pharmaceuticals will include;
- Preparation of pharmaceutical products and medical devices for Microbiology analysis.
- Routine Microbiology testing (e.g. micro analysis and phase test methods, plus membrane filtration and direct inoculation etc.) in a cleanroom environment.
- Environmental monitoring.
- Laboratory data input and collation to support the production of technical reports.
- Support equipment calibration and maintenance, including autoclave validation and associated documentation / reporting.
- Management of equipment and laboratory consumables for testing.
To be considered for this Microbiologist - Pharmaceuticals vacancy you will need the following skills and experience;
- BSc/MSc in Life Sciences (Microbiology, Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Science etc.) or equivalent relevant working experience.
- Previous experience in Microbiological techniques e.g. micro analysis, phage test methods, environmental monitoring.
- Experience working in, or comprehensive theoretical knowledge of Quality Standards e.g. GMP, ISO, UKAS.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail in order to maintain laboratory documentation and record data accurately.
Key Words: "Microbiology, Microbiologist, Microbiology Technician, Laboratory Technician, Laboratory, Clean Room, Isolator, Glovebox, Aseptic Technique, Phage analysis, Membrane Filtration, Direct Inoculation, Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, GMP, GLP, Hampshire"
Please apply online or call Katie-May Kress on 0203 0964711 for more information
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Katie-May Kress
- Phone: 0203 096 4711
- Reference: J33693
- Posted: 5th July 2021
- Expires: 2nd August 2021