We are currently looking for a Cell Protein Scientist to join an exciting Start Up Biotechnology company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Cell Protein Scientist you will be responsible for purification and expression of antibodies and recombinant proteins from mammalian cell culture.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Cell Protein Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Running cell based assays for the characterisation of proteins e.g. recombinant proteins and antibodies using techniques such as ELISA, flow cytometry, cell viability assays etc
2. Culturing and engineering mammalian cells for the expression of novel recombinant proteins and antibodies to target innate immune cells.
3. As a Cell Protein Scientist you will be using protein purification techniques such as chromatography (SEC, IEX, affinity etc) or filtration (TFF or UFDF)
4. Analysing and reporting datasets as well as following protocols for cell based assays and protein purification.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Cell Protein Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD degree or industry experience in a life sciences subject such as Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Cell Biology
2. Proven industry or laboratory experience in protein expression and purification for recombinant proteins or antibodies.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with cell engineering and the purification of proteins using chromatography techniques and cell based assays.
Key Words: Biotechnology / Cambridgeshire / Scientist / Research Associate / Phenotypic Assays / ELISA / HTRF / Flow Cytometry / Protein Purification / Recombinant Antibody / Antibody / Protein Characterisation / Cell Engineering / Chromatography / Mammalian Cells / Cell Based Assay / Protein Expression / Cell Assay /
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Sarah Audit
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5635189
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 28th June 2021
- Expires: 26th July 2021