We are currently looking for a Senior / Principal Scientist - Ion Channels to join a leading CRO based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Senior / Principal Scientist - Ion Channels you will be responsible for working on electrophysiological experiments and ion channel assays.
This is a great opportunity for an electrophysiologist with strong background working on ion channels. This is ideal for a Post-Graduate or candidate with industry experience using manual/automated patch-clamp.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior / Principal Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will work independently with manual and automated patch-clamp on various industry based projects focused on ion channel drug discovery.
2. You will also develop and optimise assays to study ion channels.
3. You will review the data, write reports and present it internally and externally.
4. As the Senior / Principal Scientist - Ion Channels you expected to support junior members of the team.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior / Principal Scientist - Ion Channels we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Electophysiology, Physiology, Cell Biology, Biophysics, Protein Sciences etc. A PhD is advantageous.
2. Proven industry or academic experience with using manual or automated patch-clamp systems.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with working with a number of Ion Channels.
Key Words: Ion Channels / Electrophysiology / Assay Development / CRO / Patch-Clamp / Sophion / PhD / BSc / MSC / Drug Discovery
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Christina Giakou
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5635114
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 26th June 2021
- Expires: 24th July 2021