CK Group are recruiting for a Development Technician to join a water technology company at their site based in Cheshire on a permanent basis. The role offers a salary of 20,000- 25,000 depending on experience.
Our client is a leading developer of membrane technologies designed to significantly reduce the cost and environmental impact of water treatment.
Your main duties will be:
· Development of new functional coatings for porous substrates, especially polymer and ceramic membranes
· Procuring sample materials from suppliers
· Evaluation of raw materials through testing and effective communication with suppliers and internal team
· Refinement of existing coatings, by building on desirable properties or development of entirely new coatings
· Act as a point of contact for formulation / coatings
· Develop robust coating / printing processes, which are well understood and repeatable
· Maintaining compliance with regulatory and safety matters
· Maintaining laboratory consumables and chemical stock
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
· Experienced within a similar role within the coatings/paints, adhesives, additives, lubricants industries working within formulation development and coating (desirable, but not essential)
· BSc / MSc in chemistry, material science, polymer science or a related subject (desirable, but not essential)
· Demonstrable working knowledge of formulation, milling, coatings and additives etc. (desirable, but not essential)
· Confident and clear communicator at ease delivering results informally to colleagues and formally in presentations
· At ease working in groups, individually or with industrial collaborators
· A proactive individual with a good work ethic, willing to be predominantly lab based
· Quick learner, able to adapt to a rapidly changing, innovative environment
· Ability to think critically and solve problems independently and as part of a group
· Working knowledge of Health and Safety
· Competent PC user with experience of using Microsoft products
· A knowledge of membrane separation is desirable, although candidates without experience are encouraged to apply.
· It will expected that the successful development technician will assist with other laboratory duties as required, therefore a flexible approach to working as part of a small team is strongly desirable
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. Please quote reference 50951.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Natalie Wood
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 50951
Website: CK Group
- Updated: 15th July 2021
- Expires: 12th August 2021