CK Group is recruiting for a Waste Chemist to join a waste management company based in Sheffield, on a full time, contract basis for an initial duration of 4 weeks.
Our client operates a hazardous waste management facility in the Sheffield area that ensures waste is disposed of in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.
This Waste Chemist position will be based in Sheffield.
Waste Chemist Role:
Your main duties will be:
- Checking inbound loads for compliance to waste management licence/permit and applicable statutory legislation.
- Processing waste to reduce commercial liability and preparing for safe onward disposal.
- Providing technical and operational assistance to the location.
- Minimising third party disposal liability.
- Maintaining accurate job records.
- Ensuring the safe transport of outbound loads.
To be considered for this position, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- BSc (or equivalent) in Chemistry.
- Technical waste management experience, desirable.
- HND or equivalent in Chemistry accepted only with considerable experience gained within hazardous waste management.
- Computer literate with spreadsheet experience.
- Clear communication skills.
For more information or to apply for this Waste Chemist position, please contact Science Contracts team on 0191 384 8906 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 50872.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Graeme Pallas
- Phone: 0191 384 8905
- Reference: 50872
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 11th June 2021
- Expires: 9th July 2021