Scientist - NGS Assay Development
Please contact Marcus to discuss further: 0121726 9711 - firstname.lastname@example.org
SRG are currently recruiting for a Scientist in NGS Assay Development to work with an exciting high-growth biotech, whose technology is set to have a major impact on personalised medicine.
Role / Description
My client is looking for specialist scientists at Phd level with experience in the design and development of NGS based assay workflows which will support their product development plans. You will be working within an interdisciplinary team in a high growth and dynamic enviroment.
* You will work in an in multidisciplinary team crossing chemistry, molecular biology and bioinformatics where you will support development of clinical-grade sample and library preparation methods.
* Focus on the design, development and commercialisation of NGS assays and clinical workflows with industry leading performance
* Collaborate highly effectively with the broader R&D team on project planning, execution and reporting.
* You will be supporting the generation of a wide variety of targeted and whole-genome sequencing libraries and controls in support of development goals.
* Design, development and testing of assay reagents and workflows.
* You will be supporting implementation of a Quality Management System.
* Supporting the identification and evaluation of emerging assay technologies in order to maintain cutting-edge capabilities.
* Contributing to the preparation of internal & external reports, presentations, publications and applications as required.
* Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System policies and procedures.
Key Skills & Experience
* Postgraduate Degree in appropriate scientific subject eg. molecular biology, biotechnology.
* Specialist knowledge of NGS assays, especially whole-genome and DNA modification
* Experience with reagent formulation and ideally NGS assay workflow design and optimisation.
* PhD in appropriate scientific subject, ideally with some postdoctoral or industry experience.
* Track record of successful RUO or IVD product development in the life science sector.
* Several years' industry experience in a life science tools or biotechnology company.
* Working knowledge of bioinformatics including command-line tools used for NGS data analysis.
* Up to date knowledge of molecular diagnostic tests for rare diseases and oncology.
* Experience of working within structured product development processes and quality management systems.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2159275
- Posted: 11th June 2021
- Expires: 9th July 2021