Biochemistry Associate Scientist
My client are an industry leading biotech specialising in Cancer diagnostics and are currently recruiting a graduate scientist.
My client are looking for candidates with experience in creating and developing chemistries for genetic and epigenetic analysis. You will be working within a highly skilled, interdisciplinary team at the interface of chemistry, molecular biology, and bioinformatics.
* Develop and commercialise epigenetic analysis chemistries in a fast-paced, product development environment.
* Optimize chemistries for epigenetic analysis of DNA and support the creation of improved methods that significantly extend capabilities.
* Optimize formulations, methods, and workflows to achieve commercial levels of performance, stability, robustness, and ease-of-use.
* Characterize chemicals, reactions, reagents, and methods using a variety of analytical tools to identify and control critical parameters.
* Support the execution of next-generation sequencing (NGS) experiments and use NGS data to measure the performance of epigenetic analysis methods and chemistries.
* Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or similar discipline.
* 1+ years of experience of working in an Academic or Industrial Research environment completing tasks as outlined in the essential duties.
* Strong skills in chemical biology, nucleic acid chemistry, and molecular biology techniques.
* Strong theoretical and practical chemistry skills, especially as applied to DNA.
* Good knowledge of modern analytical methods (e.g., HPLC, Mass Spec, and NMR).
* Right to work in the United Kingdom without sponsorship.
* Experience with NGS or other genetic analysis methods.
* Background in chemistry coupled with experience of genetic analysis technologies.
* Experience of working with high throughput genetic analysis tools, especially NGS.
* Experience with NGS library preparation methods.
* Experience of RUO or IVD product development processes.
* Experience of working within a Quality Management System.
If you or anybody in your network is interested then please get in touch on 0121 726 9711 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2160668
- Posted: 11th June 2021
- Expires: 9th July 2021