Senior R&D Chemist - Speciality Chemicals - Formulation - Synthesis - Perm - Berkshire - £Comp + Excellent Company Benefits
A globally renowned chemical development business based in Berkshire is currently recruiting for a Senior R&D Chemist to join its innovative research team on a permanent basis. As Senior R&D Chemist, you will provide technical leadership for complex research and development projects, performance testing and achieving objectives set via senior management. This is an opportunity to develop into a technical lead and direct the work of fellow chemists/scientists within your team.
* Manage formulation synthesis and testing activities to meet established project objectives. Design approach, test plans, and milestones to project completion.
* Evaluate and interpret data, performance, and deliverables. Provide recommendations to R&D and project leaders regarding results, deliverables, progress and challenges.
* Identify and remove hurdles to successful project completion.
* Participate in technical and project reviews and present findings to the wider management team.
* Engage with assigned teams and cross-functional stakeholders, such as Business, Process and Marketing.
* Complete complex analytical testing procedures, in-depth analysis and interpretation and provide a detailed and accurate test report to the customer in a timely manner.
* Lead or direct special research projects independently. Often responsible for multiple projects of varying complexity occurring at same time.
* You must be MChem/MSci or PhD (preferred) qualified in chemistry or related subject from a recognised leading university.
* Expert level knowledge and understanding of specific chemistry and/or engineering principles and application of those principals in a research and development environment.
* Decision making in a timely manner based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
* The ability to use information, practices & trends, affecting the business to engage and drive new strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
* The ability to communicate information clearly and effectively in an engaging and convincing manner.
* The openness to new ideas and the ability to generate breakthrough solutions.
The company offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package including a final salary pension scheme.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: BBBH5342
- Posted: 11th June 2021
- Expires: 9th July 2021