CK Science are recruiting for a Scientist to join a chemical manufacturing company at their site based in on a permanent basis. This role is located in Cheshire, commutable from Warrington, Cheshire and Manchester.
Our client manufactures speciality chemicals for a diverse market range. ISO9001 accredited, they are passionate about innovation, development and precision.
£27,700 - £29,300 per annum.
Your main duties will be to:
- Lead technical projects of limited scope, ensuring that timescales and objectives are achieved.
- Research and design experiments, interpret and draw conclusions and maintain records, ensuring that all work complies with recognised quality systems.
- Coach and mentor Technicians.
- Agree monthly plans with their manager and then independently organise their workload and that of the reporting staff.
- Make external contacts with suppliers and service providers.
- Assist in identification, procurement and commissioning of new laboratory equipment.
- Maintain company knowledge: internally through research, production and archiving of technical reports; externally by maintaining up to date knowledge of competitive and related technology/products, industry trends and patents.
- Propose the use of raw materials using a broad range of criteria, including the avoidance of hazardous materials and any legislative or supply issues, whilst optimising costs.
- Develop new procedures and methods.
- Carry out laboratory work following standard operating procedures and be competent in relevant techniques.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- A minimum of a degree in a relevant scientific subject.
- Demonstratable experience working as a scientist with a proven track record of skills, knowledge and achievements.
- Able to lead technical activities of limited scope.
- Able to design experiments drawing on information derived from several sources.
- Able to interpret and draw conclusions from scientific data, using techniques such as significance testing, regression and probability distribution.
- Able to use a wide range of laboratory techniques, notably measurement and testing, formulation, dispersing and mixing, emulsion making, organic synthesis and polymerisation.
For more information or to apply for this Scientist position, please contact Natalie Wood on 01246457723 or email email@example.com, quoting job ref 50834.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Natalie Wood
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 50834
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 10th June 2021
- Expires: 8th July 2021