As Deputy Managing Editor, you will:
- Lead a team, which include providing editorial and management support, managing progress of team members and ensuring that they are adequately training and coached.
- Evaluate the output of editors, providing feedback on this output and preparing progress reports.
- You will perform first/ second edit of articles to ensure the production of well written articles.
- Check factual content and where necessary raise queries with the Senior Deputy Managing Editor or Managing Editor.
The successful candidate will have a degree in life sciences (ideally a PhD) and previous experience in a scientific/ medical publishing company with final reading experience. The company are seeking someone who has the potential to manage a team, therefore this is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Editor who is keen to progress from their current position.
On offer is a competitive starting salary, 35 hour working week and a range of benefits including a 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme, your birthday off, health insurance and discounted gym membership.
Keywords: Editing, Editorial, Managing Editor, Senior Editor, Editor, Scientific, Medical, Pharma, Pharmaceutical, Biomedical, Publishing, Publisher, Manuscript Publishing, London, Home- Based, Remote.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Paramount Recruitment
- Reference: JG/ DME
Website: Paramount Recruitment
- Posted: 10th June 2021
- Expires: 8th July 2021