We are currently looking for a Associate Project Manager - 12 month FTC to join a growing life sciences company based in the Hertfordshire area. This could be a great opportunity for someone with some initial experience working in the life sciences sector, who would like to gain some project management experience.
This role is for an initial period of 12 month to cover maternity leave.
As the Associate Project Manager - 12 month FTC you will be responsible for the delivery of assigned projects and is expected to identify and effectively manage project risks.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Associate Project Manager - 12 month FTC will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Responsible for managing assigned projects to approved budget and timelines. Lead cross functional team within a matrix working environment. Manage 2 - 4 projects of low to medium complexity at any point in time. Typical project duration of 6 - 24 months.
2. Generate appropriate project initiation documentation and business cases which will be required to obtain project approval. Ensure project scope / milestones are defined and agreed prior to project approval. Manage day to day operation and control of all assigned projects.
3. Manage scope creep and ensure project milestone adherence is maintained at greater than 90%. Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing business needs and priorities. Manage project risks and issues and minimise overall risk exposure. Utilise the escalation process where necessary.
4. Provide regular project updates to stakeholders via project sponsor, monthly reports and visual boards. Manage project resource. Highlight in advance expected periods of peak demand to ensure appropriate resourcing is assigned to project.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Associate Project Manager - 12 month FTC we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a life sciences focussed discipline. Prince 2, PMP or similar project management qualification would be an advantage but is not essential.
2. Proven industry experience gained working in the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical or similar life sciences sector, combined with the ability to problem solve, manage risks, prioritise and work with a team of key stakeholders. Project management experience would be an advantage. An interest in project management is essential.
Key Words: Project Management | Associate Project Manager | Biopharma | Biotech | Pharmaceutical
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Eve Hegarty
- Phone: 0131 202 9700
- Reference: J5635067
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 9th June 2021
- Expires: 7th July 2021