We are currently looking for a Senior/Principal Bioinformatician to join a growing start-up Biotech company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Senior/Principal Bioinformatician you will be responsible for preforming hands-on multi-omics data analysis in support of their drug discovery programs, as well as drive the development of custom computational tools to support the companies target identification and validation platform.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior/Principal Bioinformatician will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Design novel computational approaches using human multi-omics evidence to inform target selection and validation.
2. Develop the companies bioinformatics and statistical analysis pipeline to integrate different internal and external genomic, transcriptomic, proteomics, biochemical, imaging, and other datasets.
3. Manage deployment of appropriate computational infrastructure to the cloud and/or onto in-house server systems.
4. Engage with biology and drug discovery teams, and with external collaborators to support project planning and execution, provide expert advice and drive innovative use of omics data and analyses.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior/Principal Bioinformatician we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A PhD in Computational Biology or Bioinformatics; or in Data Science, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, or a related discipline but with >3 years of experience in drug discovery.
2. Demonstrated experience with QC, analysis, and integration of high dimensional data multi-omics datasets (e.g., genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics) for disease research
3. Proficiency in various statistical methods, prediction models and machine learning algorithms used for solving complex biological and/or medical problems.
Key Words: Bioinformatics , Bioinformatician , Omics , Multi-omics , Drug Discovery , Pipeline , Computational , Genomics , Pipeline
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Elliott Harvey
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5635062
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 9th June 2021
- Expires: 7th July 2021