We are currently looking for a Laboratory Manager to join a Biotechnology Start Up based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Lab Manager you will be responsible for the daily running and maintenance of the laboratory.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Lab Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Maintaining and updating safety data sheets, COSHH risk assessments and GM risk assessments.
2. Communicating and reviewing health and safety (H&S) including updating Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs), reviewing risk assessments and enforcing mandatory wearing of PPE.
3. As a Lab Manager you will, monitor and maintain laboratory equipment and cleanliness in a GLP environment.
4. Organising and ordering stock as well as preparing reagents and media to provide the resources for the laboratory team as well as, using aseptic technique for routine cell culturing.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Lab operations assistant we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a life sciences degree such a biochemistry, biological sciences, biology, cell biology etc...
2. Proven laboratory experience with cell culture or research and development in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry and lab operations.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with the operations of a laboratory such as lab technician or lab assistant roles.
Key Words: lab technician / laboratory technician / lab assistant / Cambridgeshire / cell and gene therapy / research and development / R&D / health and safety / H&S / COSHH / SOPs / biotechnology / pharmaceuticals / cell culture / lab manager / risk assessment / biotechnology
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Sarah Audit
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5635058
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 9th June 2021
- Expires: 7th July 2021