A growing FMCG manufacturer has an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manager to join its team. You will lead a small team of engineers ensuring all routine maintenance and project engineering work is completed to deadline. You must have previous experience of manging long-term strategic engineering projects and leading a team.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for maintenance and engineering activities within the manufacturing and laboratory environment. The manufacturing process is designed around complex electrical and mechanical production lines and equipment.
- Using standard operating procedures, you will undertake planned and preventative maintenance on a range of equipment;
- Your role is to identify and diagnose common faults as well as mentoring and training colleagues in diagnosing complex problems;
- Implement counter measures, analyse fault data and make your recommended root cause improvement activity;
- Within specified limits & standard calibration procedures, you will carry out routine equipment/system adjustments
- Through your analysis, control materials and costs through building supplier relationships;
- Assist in the commissioning of new equipment and departmental projects.
- Facilities Maintenance program implementation and execution
- Responsible for maintaining a pipeline of CI initiatives that are justified and tracked via CAPEX program.
- Responsible for Facilities Maintenance and management of Maintenance budgets
Experience & Qualifications:
- Alongside a recognised Electrical or Mechanical Engineering qualification, you will have a solid understanding of machine operation and production processes;
- You will have previous experience in managing a team
- You must have experience of project led engineering
- You will have experience working in a manufacturing environment. Ideally FMCG.
- You can use your communication skills to explain complex problems to stakeholders with varying knowledge of engineering;
- Extensive automation background desirable
- With excellent troubleshooting skills, can find solutions by applying out of the box thinking if necessary;
- You are able to manage multiple priorities through to a successful and timely completion.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6721
- Posted: 8th June 2021
- Expires: 6th July 2021