Job Title: Graduate Glasshouse Technician
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract: 6 months + extensions
Pay Rate: £11.50 an hour (circa £21,528 per annum)
SRG is working with a global-leading agrochemical company based close to Reading.
They are currently seeking a glasshouse based technician required to conduct glasshouse and seed processing tasks associated with the production of doubled haploid (DH) wheat and barley for the European breeding programme.
- Train in cross pollination and associated activities conducted in the controlled environment rooms.
- Undertake a full range of daily glasshouse activities including sowing seeds, transplanting plantlets, tissue-sampling, harvesting and threshing of plants.
- Carry out seed processing activities including seed cleaning, seed counting (automated) and seed labelling and registering.
- Assist in the monitoring of pests and disease in the glasshouse.
- Update DH plant material tracking and data analysis files.
- Responsibility for ensuring glasshouse HSE standards are adhered to.
- Minimum of a BSc or equivalent within biological sciences, Environmental sciences or a related subject
- Awareness of growth and care requirements of plant material in the glasshouse.
- Experience working within a glasshouse or laboratory
- Good skills with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong quality control and attention to detail
- Passion for learning
Apply online today. For more information about the role or application submission process please email Irfan Jabar on Irfan.firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2160070
- Posted: 8th June 2021
- Expires: 6th July 2021