We are currently looking for a Operations Planner to join a growing life sciences company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Operations Planner you will be responsible and accountable for supply chain planning activities associated with product supply to market in support of the group S&OP process, demand through to product release.
The primary function of the Operations Planner role is to develop, maintain and communicate one plan\' that achieves the monthly manufacturing and inventory plans aligned with customer requirements, budget expectations and agreed inventory strategy (S&OP plan).
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Operations Planner will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Oversee the Monthly planning cycle for the company including development of all inputs to the key S&OP stages / meetings within each cycle (Demand Review, Supply Review, pre-S&OP Review & S&OP Executive Review). Embed and support the one plan\' principle.
2. Define and agree inventory strategies for all SKU\'s attributed to the category (manufactured and purchased). Work actively with Production, Maintenance, QC, QA, Validation to develop and agree accurate capacity statements covering the full planning horizon (to 24 months).
3. Lead the construction and agree monthly, weekly & daily manufacturing plans for each manufacturing department. (Daily scripts rolling 4 weeks, weekly schedules 0-3 months, Monthly MPS to 24 months / current financial year + 1). Identify imbalances in supply & demand (budget and forecast) and develop planning solutions / scenarios to be agreed through the S&OP process.
4. Identify imbalances in supply & demand (budget and forecast) and develop planning solutions / scenarios to be agreed through the S&OP process. Develop SKU & family level product supply & inventory projections. Maintain and agree with commercial teams detailed product allocation plans aligned with the forecast / orderbook and track status of all manufactured batches through to available for sale.
5. Ensure plans are accurately reflected in the ERP system to support system driven ATP, manufacturing schedules down to work centre level & accurate material requirements planning. Ensure ongoing material availability to support the manufacturing plan. Working alongside procurement and materials expeditors support the development of and agree procurement and inventory strategies for all associated materials to deliver the required cost service balance.
6. Key member of the Group ERP continuous improvement team and responsible for data accuracy related to allocated product family. As a Data Champion you will drive a positive data culture across the business. Participate in development of existing and new supply chain planning processes, systems, and tools.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Operations Planner we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant prior experience working within a planning role within the pharmaceutical sector. You will also have experience of autonomous decision making, continuous improvement and stakeholder management.
2. Excellent data analysis skills, advanced MS Excel, making decisions under pressure and project management experience are also critical factors for this role.
Key Words: Operations Planner | Supply Chain | S&OP | manufacturing | Demand Planning
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Eve Hegarty
- Phone: 0131 202 9700
- Reference: J5635055
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 7th June 2021
- Expires: 5th July 2021