CrownBio is a Cutting Edge Translational Technology Company Making Precision Medicine a Reality
CrownBio brings clarity to drug discovery around the world by helping biopharmaceutical companies solve some of today's most pressing challenges in oncology drug discovery. Our premier translational platforms for cancer assist sponsors to accelerate new drug development programs. As a contract research organization, CrownBio develops world-leading preclinical efficacy models and provides both in vitro and in vivo testing services. We are a global company with facilities across the world in the United Kingdom, United States, China, and Taiwan.
Job Description Summary
We are looking for two enthusiastic Scientists/Study Directors to join our Oncology Study Director team based in Loughborough UK. This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. The Study Director team at Crownbio UK is continuing to expand in order to support our growing portfolio of model offerings and service spectrum. The team is responsible for research/development as well as project delivery of the company. As such this represents an exciting opportunity for scientists wanting to experience drug discovery for the first time or for more experienced scientists wanting to lead multiple projects. Successful candidates will be highly motivated with the capacity to think creatively and a demonstrable ability to interact with and influence sponsors/project teams at the scientific level.
- Independently design and execute preclinical oncology in vivo studies both internally and through external partners (CROs and collaborators)
- Interpret and report the results of oncology studies, discuss conclusions and present at various internal and external forums
- Act as scientific interface between Crown Bioscience internal scientific team and external sponsors
- Contribute scientific expertise in oncology to project teams
- Provide input to the strategy and direction of oncology projects
- The role will be mainly office based and a small percentage of lab work such as imaging acquisition and test article formulation.
- PhD in life science or a related discipline
- MSC or BSC in life science or a related discipline with proven experience in drug discovery or translational
- In vivo experience and a working knowledge of oncology would be highly desirable
- Demonstrable proficiency in a range of biology techniques
- Demonstrated ability to work within multidisciplinary teams as well as working independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Adaptable/flexible and approachable
- Methodical and highly organized with excellent attention to detail
We offer excellent training and career development opportunities as well as a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
- Employer: CrownBio UK
- Contact: CrownBio
- Phone: 01530 234871
Website: CrownBio UK
- Updated: 4th June 2021
- Expires: 2nd July 2021