CrownBio is a Cutting Edge Translational Technology Company Making Precision Medicine a Reality
CrownBio brings clarity to drug discovery around the world by helping biopharmaceutical companies solve some of today's most pressing challenges in oncology drug discovery. Our premier translational platforms for cancer assist sponsors to accelerate new drug development programs. As a contract research organization, CrownBio develops world-leading preclinical efficacy models and provides both in vitro and in vivo testing services. We are a global company with facilities across the world in the United Kingdom, United States, China, and Taiwan.
Job Description Summary
We are looking for two enthusiastic Scientists/Animal Technicians to join our Oncology in vivo team based in Loughborough UK. This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. The in vivo team at Crownbio UK is continuing to expand in order to support our growing portfolio of model offerings and service spectrum. The team is responsible for research/development as well as project delivery of the company.
- To demonstrate competency in a broad range of in vivo techniques from basic (e.g. dosing via common routes & reporting clinical signs) to surgical skills (e.g. aseptic technique, suturing, anaesthesia, analgesia, PDX models) and start to develop more advanced techniques (e.g. orthotopic surgical implantation of tumour cells / fragments).
- Early detection of signs of ill health/loss of condition via clinical observations for prevention of premature death.
- Understand the current expectations of Home Office legislation [e.g. Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 (ASPA)] for the care and welfare requirements of species housed within CBUK.
- To be responsible for appropriate records, including helping the establishment licence holder to keep suitable records of the health of the animals (under the supervision of the Named Veterinary Surgeon), which animals are held, and the source and disposal of animals.
- Support training on experimental procedures in line with current regulatory and/or legislative requirements and to agreed company standards and productivity.
- Support the continual review of processes and procedures with the view to implement efficiencies.
- Support the day to day planning and organisation of the unit; may include delegation of responsibilities and employee reviews.
- To review and maintain SOP’s, working in association with QMS systems to ensure high quality is maintained.
- The role is 100% animal lab based
- Home Office Personal Licence is essential
- BSc in life science or proven experience in drug discovery or translational research
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Flexible attitude to work and fully capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritise effectively, manage multiple, varied tasks
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to value the importance of teamwork
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of experience
We offer excellent training and career development opportunities as well as a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
- Employer: CrownBio UK
- Contact: CrownBio
- Phone: 01530 234871
Website: CrownBio UK
- Updated: 4th June 2021
- Expires: 2nd July 2021