An opportunity has arisen for a chemist to join a speciality chemicals and materials manufacturing organisation at its facility in Worcestershire, West Midlands. As a chemist you will play a pivotal role in the development and manufacture of the various chemicals and materials used in their applications within the defence and aerospace sector. You will work as part of a like-minded team of chemists and materials scientists who share the same passions and ambitions.
To be successful you should hold a relevant scientific qualification ideally within chemistry, materials science or a closely related discipline. You should also possess at least 3 years commercial experience working in the speciality chemicals or materials sector and have a sound understanding of COSHH regulations.
Chemist Key Responsibilities:
- Development of specialist materials including Composites, Adhesives, Insulants and Paints used in the technology applications.
- Formulation of chemicals to meet standards required.
- Qualification and analysis of materials for use in accordance with the necessary requirements.
- Support the production and manufacturing teams to resolve related issues.
- Hold a relevant scientific qualification ideally within chemistry, materials science or a closely related discipline.
- Possess at least 3 years commercial experience working in the speciality chemicals or materials sector.
- Sound understanding of COSHH and process safety regulations.
- Excellent problem solving skills are essential.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
37 Hour Week - Monday to Friday
Salary £.Competitive Depending on Experience + Benefits - 25 Days Holiday + Banks - Company Pension - On-Site Parking - Subsidised Canteen
If you are an experienced chemist looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to work as part of an exciting organisation then get in touch with Lewis at Cranleigh Scientific with your CV.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6944
- Posted: 3rd June 2021
- Expires: 1st July 2021