A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a process chemist to join an established chemical and material business at its facility in Hertfordshire. The core function of the role will be to support in the production and manufacture of various polymers and biopolymers.
As a process chemist you should hold a degree in chemistry and possess previous laboratory, manufacturing, or production experience within a commercial environment.
Process Chemist Responsibilities:
- Provide support in the following areas: reactor, filtration, sieving, blending, packaging, and laboratory.
- Handling of hazardous & non-hazardous chemicals and accurate batch labelling in adherence with chemical regulations.
- Monitoring all reactor processes, including washing, filtration, drying, sieving processes.
- Follow instructions accurately and quickly and maintain records as required by the company Quality Manuals.
- Operate production safely, vigilantly and in line with the "Quality System Management" as defined (ISO 9001, ISO13485)
- To use in-house company QC databases, manufacturing (SAP) databases & records as required.
Process Chemist Requirements:
- Minimum qualification of a BSc in Chemistry is essential.
- Previous laboratory, manufacturing, or production experience within a commercial environment would be advantageous.
- Highly motivated, with a 'can do' attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure and/or to strict deadlines.
- Willingness to undertake a significant volume of bench work.
Salary: £21,000 - £25,000 per annum (DOE) + OvertimeLocation: Ware, HertfordshireHours: 8am-5pm Monday to Friday + OvertimeRole: Full Time - Permanent
If you are a recent graduate with commercial experience and are looking to take the next step in your career, then get in touch with Gareth Emmett a Cranleigh Scientific Recruitment with your CV.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 9867
- Posted: 3rd June 2021
- Expires: 1st July 2021