CK Group are recruiting for a Deputy Laboratory Leader to join an assay development service at their site in Stratford-upon-Avon. This position is offered on a temporary basis, with a contract length of initially 6 months.
Our clients are experts in real-time PCR, a molecular biology technique for detecting the presence of DNA/RNA and quantifying it. They have customers in many different industries including academia, research, healthcare, food industry and the veterinary industry selling to over 130 countries worldwide. Last year they launched a range of assays and products to support the need for mass COVID-19 testing. Due to the emergence of new variants of the virus, they are seeking a scientist to support their surveillance programme, ensuring that their testing products continue to provide 100% detection and to track and identify the emergence of new variants as they arise.
Deputy Laboratory Leader Role:
Main responsibilities include:
- Supervision of the laboratory team.
- Coordinate sample receipt from clinical team for processing.
- Supervision of sample processing, providing support for the laboratory technicians.
- Participation of team and department meetings ? planning, scheduling & logistics with wider clinical trials team.
- Assist in validation, verification and implementation of newly developed products and workflows which are established by the company.
The ideal candidate for this Research Associate role will have the following skills and experience:
- 2 years minimum relevant lab experience (essential).
- Bsc Hons (or equivalent) in relevant science (essential).
- MSc/Mres (or equivalent) in relevant science (desirable, but not essential).
- High level of molecular biology (PCR/qPCR) technical competence (essential).
This role represents a chance for you to make a real difference to the future healthcare industry as well as build on your skills and wider network.
For more information or to apply for this Deputy Laboratory Leader position, please contact the Science Contracts Team on 0191 384 8906 or email email@example.com, quoting job ref 50779.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: James Horne
- Phone: 0191 384 8905
- Reference: 50779
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 3rd June 2021
- Expires: 1st July 2021