A globally renowned chemical organisation is currently recruiting for an R&D Engineer to join its Physical Science & Product Development team at the state of the art, Berkshire facility. As R&D Engineer, you will act as a key interface between product groups through fundamental engineering systems evaluation - whilst having the ability to collect technical information.
To be considered, you will possess an excellent academic track record (PhD) in Mechanical/Chemical Engineering, coupled with relevant experience in designing of R&D experiments - ideally a solid background in tribology.
R&D Engineer responsibilities
- Monitor's developments in internal and external technologies and related business opportunities and recommends new R&D initiatives/directions to management.
- Drives leveraging opportunities with external institutions.
- Leverage's engineering knowledge and tools to meet established project objectives.
- Evaluates and interprets data, performance, and deliverables. Provides recommendations to R&D and project leaders regarding results, deliverables, progress, and challenges. Identifies and eliminates hurdles to successful project completion. Conducts special projects as assigned.
- Complete complex bench and rig testing plans, in-depth engineering analysis and interpretation and provide a detailed and accurate test report to the customer in a timely manner. Evaluate all test/project data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and reasonability of conclusions.
- Lead or direct special research projects independently. Oversee technical activities and/or supervise technical team members assigned to the project.
- Participate in IP activities as required, including competitor reviews, freedom to practice assessments, patent filings, invention disclosures, etc.
- Simulating on fluid performance through applications such as crank train, drivetrain, or valve train. (GT Suite).
R&D Engineer requirements
- Ideally possess a PhD in an Engineering discipline. MSc/MEng will be considered if you bring relevant industrial experience.
- Experience in advanced engineering simulation tools such as GT Suite, ANSYS, etc.
- Strong fundamental understanding of tribology & engineering systems.
- Ability to creatively apply appropriate engineering tools and expertise to new problems.
- Programming language experience (Matlab, Visual Basic, C++, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and stakeholders.
- Excellent administrative and organizational competencies.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Simulation experience on the technology automotive fluidsare applied into, such as crank train, drivetrain or valve train (software may include GT Suite).
£Comp + final salary pension + huge career growth
R&D Engineer/Automotive/OEM/Tribology/GT Suite/R&D/Chemical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6942
- Posted: 2nd June 2021
- Expires: 30th June 2021