We currently have a rare opportunity for a Medical Director to join a clinical research organisation based in the Belfast area.
We are looking for a full-timeMedical Director/Principal Investigatorto join the clinical research team based in Belfast, Northern Ireland. This role is responsible for leading the Principal Investigator team and functioning as the central department resource for corporate and inter-departmental initiatives. This role will also fulfil all functions and requirements of the PI role.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Medical Director will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Responsible for staff management. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; development and coaching of employees.
2. Provide technical and clinical expertise for initiatives and inter-departmental goals.
3. Coordinate and write publications with sponsors and/or Principal Investigators.
4. Actively look for process improvements, identify trends in industry requirements, lead or serve on Task Forces and other appropriate committees in order to drive quality and efficiency.
5. Properly balance and skilfully adjudicate clinical/scientific and business/profitability objectives of the organization as relates to the medical staff.
6. Motivate positive change in direct reports and other site associates while operating within the mechanisms of the organizational structure.
7. Assist with developing/improving client relationships from an Investigator perspective.
8. Represent the company during opportunities for collaboration with regional research, clinical, and academic institutions.
9. Serve as Principal Investigator on studies as indicated.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Medical Director we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. MD degree required and GMC certified or board eligible in a primary care specialty, i.e. family practice, Emergency Department medicine required. Training in Advanced Cardiac Life Support required. You will also have a relevant post graduate qualification in pharmaceutical medicine or human pharmacology
2. Demonstrate high-quality overall performance and successful/recognized performance on Task Forces or committees required. Previous clinical research experience preferred.
3. Proven aptitude for leadership and management experience (in a clinical or academic setting) required.
4. MHRA Certified Principal Investigator for FIH trials preferred.
Key Words: Medical Director | Clinical Trials | Phase 1 | Early Phase | First In Human Trials
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Eve Hegarty
- Phone: 0131 202 9700
- Reference: J5635029
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 2nd June 2021
- Expires: 30th June 2021