Polyolefins Market Specialist required, can be based remotely. Requiring a strong background in or operational expertise in polyolefin manufacture. Degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Polymer Technology preferred but not essential.
Title: Polyolefins Market Specialist
Location: United Kingdom (can be based remotely)
Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 per annum (negotiable depending on experience)
SRG is working with an innovative company who create speciality chemicals for a range of sectors, including the polymer market. Looking to better tailor their products and grow market knowledge, they are now looking for a Polyolefins Market Specialist to join the business. Working to support product development, sales and marketing, this role with provide technical expertise and guidance on polyolefin processing and the wider market. You will also help to drive technical strategy in this business area. The role would suit someone with particular expertise and experience in polyolefin manufacturing and processing, or perhaps experience in developing products and applications work with additives for the polyolefin market.
Benefits: A highly autonomous role which can be based remotely, with regular travel across EMEA region. 38 working hours/week, Mon-Fri. Excellent company pension and bonus potential, private healthcare and 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
Role / Description
- Providing expertise & technical support to sales & marketing activities across EMEA on polyolefin processes, plant production issues, resolutions & additives used
- Maintaining a good knowledge of the polyolefins market, understanding the drivers, gaps and trends
- Providing guidance to senior business teams regarding strategic decisions
- Building an understanding of competitors, their products and activities in the market
- Contributing to product development programmes, providing input and guidance to R&D and customer technical services teams
- Defining and developing strategies for new products and/or applications in the polyolefin market and translating these new opportunities for the business
- Representing the company at industry events, conferences and committees
- Providing an advisory service to other business functions
- Proven background/experience in polyolefin (polyethylene / polypropylene) manufacturing and processing at an industrial level
- Degree (or equivalent industrial experience) in Chemistry, Polymer Technology, Chemical Engineering or similar
- Technical and operational understanding of polyolefin processing technology, additives used and quality drivers
- Commercial acumen surrounding product marketing and sales
- Excellent influencing skills, able to justify recommendations with evidence
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: polyolefin, olefin, polythene, polyethylene, poly(methylene), polypropylene, polypropene, plastic, thermoplastic, LDPE, MDPE, polymethylpentene, PMP, polybutene, polyisobutylene, poly-alpha- olefins, manufacturing, production, processing, extrusion, injection moulding, blown film, blow moulding, polymer, technical specialist
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Faye Allison
- Phone: 0161 868 2218
- Reference: J2160522
- Posted: 1st June 2021
- Expires: 29th June 2021