We are currently looking for a Chemistry Director to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Essex area. As the Chemistry Director you will be involved in shaping and implementing future strategy in Chemistry. You will be instrumental in building and managing high-performing, collaborative, inter-disciplinary teams through effective line management and scientific project oversight. The ideal candidate will be an experienced medicinal chemist with well-developed people skills, and a proven track record of working across disciplines to advance compounds towards the clinic.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Chemistry Director will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Chemistry Director you will provide line leadership of multiple Chemistry teams, working with Group Leaders to drive high performance through effective objective setting, coaching, motivating, engaging and empowering staff at all levels.
2. You will act as an integral member of the cross site Senior Chemistry Management Team, contributing to actively monitoring the project portfolio, ensuring high scientific quality and effective delivery on project objectives, driving the scientific direction and strategic vision for the Chemistry department.
3. As the Chemistry Director you will independently manage all business aspects of client relationships, including acting as a representative on Joint Steering Committees. As well as identify and implement new technologies and creative approaches to increase effectiveness, engaging support and working with others across Early Discovery.
4. You will communicate clearly and effectively at a strategic level, interfacing positively with clients and other senior managers across Early Discovery and presenting new initiatives internally to gain buy in.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Chemistry Director we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Phd in chemistry or closely related discipline.
2. Proven industry experience in drug discovery covering different therapeutic areas and project phases, multiple target classes and gene families.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience successfully motivating, developing and mentoring scientists and managers with a range of experience, with examples of impact on personal development goals. Experience of recruitment, talent management and succession planning. Strong track record of scientific leadership and strategic impact in projects, as evidenced by delivery of multiple pre-clinical candidates, project milestones, publications and/or co-inventorship on multiple patent applications.
Key Words: Chemistry Director, Leadership, Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Drug Discovery, Drug Hunters, Essex.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Edward McNulty
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5634929
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 1st June 2021
- Expires: 29th June 2021