We are currently looking for an Associate Principal Scientist to join a leading Contract Research Organisation based in the Cheshire area. As the Associate Principal Scientist you will be a senior member of the In Vitro Toxicology team and will be responsible for High- and Low- Throughput In Vitro Toxicology assays, assay development and data analysis as well as the training and support of Junior Staff members.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Associate Principal Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Routine running of in vitro Toxicology assays such as High Content Imaging (HCI), Flow Cytometry, Molecular Biology and other in vitro assays for cell function.
2. Maintain both 2D and 3D cell cultures for a variety of cell lines and models.
3. Define and lead assay development, contributing to R&D and improvement projects as well as the troubleshoorting of assays.
4. Support the Team Leader and Principal Scientist with the training of junior staff members as well as supporting the development of Quality Systems including the preparation and review of SOP\'s.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Associate Principal Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences Discipline in addition to industry experience or Post-doctoral experience where you have focused on the development and running of in vitro assays,
2. Proven industry experience with in vitro assays including but not limited to High Content Screening (HCS), flow cytometry, Molecular Biology and sensitization assays.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Cell culture techniques is vital, where experience with 2D and 3D culturing is highly desirable.
Key Words: in vitro Toxicology | in vitro testing | Cell Assays | Cell Based Assays | Flow Cytometry | High Through-put screening | CRO | Contract Research Organisation |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Georgia Walden
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5635016
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 1st June 2021
- Expires: 29th June 2021