CK Group are recruiting for a Senior Scientist to join an exciting new Biotechnology company at their site based in Nottingham, on an initial three month contract.
Our client specialises in providing rapid, portable and easy-to-use testing options that can improve a patient?s chances of recovery and survival, by using cutting-edge nanotechnology and user-friendly medical devices to create an entirely new class of diagnostic test.
Senior Scientist Role:
As a Senior Scientist your main responsibility will be providing technical expertise and laboratory experience for the design and undertaking of biological and chemical experiments.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Lead the design, research and development of molecular technologies to improve the performance of in vitro diagnostics tests in a research and clinical environment
- Prepare technical models, protocols and study reports with presentations when necessary
- Maintain detailed documents of methods and scientific troubleshooting
- Manage projects across internal and external partners in a multi-disciplinary environment
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Masters or PhD in molecular biology/diagnostics/biochemistry/nanotechnology or in a relevant subject
- Professional experience in designing and performing experimental biology in a research or clinical environment
- Excellent knowledge of scientific literature with a deep understanding of oligonucleotides
- Experience with PCR, Spectrofluorimetry, Surface Plasmon Resonance and MicroScale Thermophoresis
- Experience in diagnostic assay development
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact the Science Contracts Team on 0191 384 8906 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 50727.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: James Horne
- Phone: 0191 384 8905
- Reference: 50727
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 28th May 2021
- Expires: 25th June 2021