CK Group is recruiting for a Shift Laboratory Technician to join a chemical and material manufacturing company at their site based near Cardiff. Please note this is a temporary, shift based position including days, nights, weekends and bank holidays.
Our client is an established chemicals and materials manufacturing company who have sites around the globe. ISO9001 accredited, they now have an urgent vacancy for a lab technician to join the shift rota starting ASAP. This will be a fixed term contract for 1 year. The company offers a base salary in the region of £20,000 - £23,000pa depending on experience, with a generous shift allowance on top. The shifts include 12 hour days and nights in the pattern of 4 on, 4 off.
This Shift Lab Tech role is located near Cardiff, commutable by road from surrounding areas including Newport, Barry, Swansea, Bridgend, etc. The ability to drive with own transport is required due to the location of the site and hours of the shifts.
Shift Lab Technician Role:
- Carry out testing of in process and final products using a range of analytical techniques
- Plant support testing whilst on shift
- Ensuring lab operations are conducted in accordance with the implemented schedule and prescribed standards
- Instrument calibration
- Product release
- Identify deviations from quality standards and taking appropriate action
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven industry experience of laboratory and quality systems including QA/ QC laboratory scientific experience
- Ability to operate a variety of laboratory instrumentation through standard PC and laboratory based computer software
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant scientific discipline
- Knowledge and experience of analysis, sampling, laboratory standards, calibrations, ISO9001, quality systems, GLP
- Driving licence with own transport
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact the Science Contracts Team on 0191 384 8906 or email email@example.com , quoting job reference 50733
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Graeme Pallas
- Phone: 0191 384 8905
- Reference: 50733
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 28th May 2021
- Expires: 25th June 2021