Senior Laboratory Analyst required, based in North Lincolnshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry or similar, as well as experience in method development and validation in GC/GC-MS/HS-GC/MS or similar.
Title: Senior Laboratory Analyst
Location: North Lincolnshire
Salary: £28,000-£33,000 (dependent on experience)
Term: Temporary (6 months)
SRG are currently working with a family-run business who specialise in the production and extraction of oil and due to taking on a new project, they now have an opportunity for a Senior Laboratory Analyst to join their team based in North Lincolnshire. This role will involve commissioning a new GC-MS in the laboratory, developing and validating the methods for new tests, whilst adapting current test methods and as a senior member of the laboratory team, the successful candidate will also support, mentor and train the current laboratory team.
Role / Description
- Support in the commission of a new GC-MS analyser in the laboratory
- Develop and validate test methods
- Adapt current test methods
- Providing hands-on analysis to support project work
- Develop and support existing analysts by providing appropriate training where required
- Maintenance, upkeep and calibration of the GC-MS equipment
- A degree in Chemistry or similar
- Proven industrial experience of operating laboratory equipment and analytical techniques, specifically GC-MS
- Proven experience of analytical method validations and adapting recognised methods into working procedures
- Experience of training and supporting other team members
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
Keywords:chemistry, chemist, analyst, analytical, analyse, analysis, testing, laboratory, chemicals, MS, GC, gas chromatography, method validation, method development, method adaptation, GC-MS, headspace, HS-GC/MS, senior analyst.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2160537
- Posted: 27th May 2021
- Expires: 24th June 2021