Graduate Chemicals Marketing Assistant required, based in Staffordshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry (or similar) and an active interest in applying their degree in a commercial setting
Title: Graduate Chemicals Marketing Assistant
Salary: £21,000 per annum
SRG is working with a privately-owned business specialising in the distribution of chemicals, polymers and minerals to a huge range of UK chemical and materials manufacturers. Sourcing raw materials from global suppliers, they have excellent relationships across the industry and a large portfolio of speciality and commodity products. They are now looking to hire a Graduate Chemicals Marketing Assistant to support the Sales Director with market research into the chemicals industry, strengthening of the company's brand and lead generation for new business opportunities. This role would be a fantastic opportunity for a science graduate to apply their technical knowledge to a more commercial role, whilst also utilising and building skills in research, communication and creative marketing.
Benefits: A well-established and successful company offering an opportunity for a graduate to utilise their knowledge and skills in a commercial environment. Reporting to the Sales Director, full training is provided and there is great potential for future progression into sales or marketing in due course. 37.5 working hours per week, worked 8.45am-5pm Monday to Friday. 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays, company pension scheme and annual profit-related bonus.
Role / Description
- Carrying out analysis of the company's main markets and competitors to inform marketing strategy
- Supporting and contributing to the company's social media presence
- Creating sales presentations and prospect flyers/brochures to support the sales teams
- Conducting market analysis to better understand and find new markets and applications for products in the portfolio
- Generating leads for new avenues of business through networking and market research
- Using a range of communication to market products, including email, phone calls, face to face visits and social media
- Liaising with and visiting current and prospective customers to aid market analysis and understanding of product applications and end use.
- Building awareness and understanding of domestic and international chemicals markets to refine purchasing decisions and sales forecasting
- Providing product expertise as needed across a range of chemicals and industries including coatings, adhesives, plastics and rubbers
- Minimum degree in Chemistry (or similar)
- Genuine passion and interest in Chemistry and the chemical industry
- An interest or experience in marketing, sales, networking or commercial activities
- Able to effectively use social media
- Confident, creative and unafraid to present new ideas and challenge convention
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in utilising various information sources to gather research
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: chemistry, chemical engineering, chemicals, materials science, forensic science, commercial, marketing, sales, market research, lead generation, B2B, B2C, non-lab, science, STEM, technical sales,
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Faye Allison
- Phone: 0161 868 2218
- Reference: J2160521
- Updated: 28th May 2021
- Expires: 25th June 2021