Hyper Recruitment Solutions are excited to announce their partnership with a novel RNA Therapeutics business in the Cambridge area. We are exclusively supporting the recruitment of a Research Director - RNA Platform Development where you will lead the development of their RNA Therapeutic Platform.
You will bring your expertise in the field of RNA Biology ( Long non-coding RNA and Antisense RNA ), RNA modification, Protein translation and RNA-Protein interactions as well as an entrepreneurial and technical vision to spearhead the further development and optimisation of revolutionary RNA Therapeutics.
As the Research Director - RNA Platform Development you will thrive in a collaborative environment and bring a flexible and hands-on approach to ensure the development of assays and workflows while also defining strategy and building the capabilities of the team.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Research Director - RNA Platform Development will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Lead on the development and optimisation of their propriety RNA platform technology in collaboration with cell biology, translation and other research groups.
2. To utilize expert knowledge in RNA biology and lead on the development of key assays, likely both cell-based and cell-free, to enable expansive interrogation of the core biology of the novel RNA platform technology.
3. To closely collaborate with multiple parties including the scientific co-founders of the company, internal researchers and CROs to capitalize on the emerging data as the science continues to rapidly evolve.
4. Line management and development a team of scientific experts.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Research Director - RNA Platform Development we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in Biological Sciences ideally with a focus on Molecular and Cellular Biology. Post Doctoral experience in RNA Biology will greatly benefit your application.
2. Significant expertise, likely obtained in academia, in RNA biology, RNA modifications and interactomes, RNA structure and function, RNA translation control and closely related fields, that includes significant hands-on laboratory experience and central involvement in the establishment of validated assays to examine key aspects of nucleic acid biology.
3. Strong background and understanding of Cell and Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, genomics and Bioinformatics will be beneficial.
4. Experience in a Pharmaceutical or Biotech environment where you have managed/lead a team as well a develop Platform strategy is highly desirable.
Key Words: RNA Biology | Long Non-coding RNA | Antisense RNA | Transcriptomics | Ribosome | RNA Modification | RNA-Protein Interaction | Protein Translation | Nucleic Acid | SINEUPs | Domain Experience | Interactomes | RNA Translational Control | Cell Biology | Molecular Biology | Next Generation Sequencing | NGS | Transcipromics | In Vitro | Platform Development | Protein Expression | Cell Culture | Strategy | Line Management | Team Leader | Group Leader | Research Director
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Georgia Walden
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5634909
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 26th May 2021
- Expires: 23rd June 2021