CK Group are recruiting for an Enzyme Biologist to join a company in the healthcare industry at their site based in Stevenage on a contract basis for 12 months.
Hourly £28.36 per hour UMB
Enzyme Biologist Role:
- Generating libraries of enzyme variants for high throughput expression
- Developing appropriate assays to screen variants in high throughput
- Running screens to identify improved variants
- Designing experiments, collecting data and analysing data to make good decisions
- Support scale up activities for generation and use of enzymes
- PhD. in Enzyme/Protein engineering, Biocatalysis, Biochemistry, Synthetic Biology or related field, or 3-5 years relevant experience in engineering biocatalysts. A strong knowledge of biochemical reactions and the application of analytical techniques to monitor these reactions is essential.
- Experience with molecular cloning, site-directed mutagenesis, and large-scale variant library construction.
- Experience in high throughput recombinant enzyme assays.
- Experience using and developing analytical methods for (chiral) HPLC, GC-FID and GC-MS.
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams, displaying excellent interpersonal, organisational, and communication skills.
Our client is a global healthcare company, taking on some of the world\'s biggest healthcare challenges.
This Enzyme Biologist role will be based at our clients site in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
For more information, please contact Dennis on 01438 870011 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 50718.
Please note that the successful applicant will be required to engage via an FCSA-accredited and CK-approved umbrella company and the rate of pay indicated is an umbrella rate.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Julie Marshall
- Phone: 01438 723 500
- Reference: 50718
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 25th May 2021
- Expires: 22nd June 2021