CK Group are recruiting for a Biochemist to join a company in the healthcare industry at their site based in Stevenage on a contract basis for 12 months.
Hourly Up to £23.70 Umbrella
- Generating libraries of enzyme variants for high throughput expression
- Developing appropriate assays to screen variants in high throughput
- Running screens to identify improved variants
- Designing experiments, collecting data and analysing data to make good decisions
- Support scale up activities for generation and use of enzymes
- BSc in Biochemistry, Synthetic Biology, Chemistry, Molecular Biology or related Life Sciences degree. A knowledge of biochemical reactions and the application of analytical techniques to monitor these reactions is essential
- Experience with molecular cloning, site-directed mutagenesis, and other molecular biology techniques
- Experience in recombinant enzyme assays
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams, displaying excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Familiarity with lab automation equipment and its use in high throughput experimentation
Our client is a global healthcare company, taking on some of the world\'s biggest healthcare challenges.
This Biochemist role will be based at our clients site in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
Please quote reference 50716.
Please note that the successful applicant will be required to engage via an FCSA-accredited and CK-approved umbrella company and the rate of pay indicated is an umbrella rate.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Lucy Stendall
- Phone: 01246 457733
- Reference: 50716
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 25th May 2021
- Expires: 22nd June 2021