Regulatory Specialist - EMEA - Chemicals - REACH - CLP - GHS - Permanent - Essex - £40k-£50k + Company Benefits
Due to continued growth an experienced Regulatory Specialist is required to join a leading global chemical company at the Essex based HQ. If you have gained previous regulatory industry expertise working in the chemicals sector and are seeking a fresh challenge with a forward thinking and progressive organisation this role offers excellent career growth potential.
Purpose of the Job: You will ensure compliance against relevant global and local Regulations through developing, managing and maintaining information and systems for the company's products including raw materials.
You will also provide expert assessment & timely customer response in order to provide superior support to both internal and external customers. Act as an ambassador for compliance and work to develop regulatory knowledge within the organisation to create a high knowledge and compliance culture.
* Manage regulatory enquiries on company products in a timely manner with both internal and external customers and update relevant systems to track information.
* Classify products and write Safety Datasheets in line with local / regional GHS guidelines / regulations. Update the relevant systems with classification and ensure communication to the supply chain.
* Monitor and advise on changes to legislation and suggest appropriate actions to peers and the wider organisation, to ensure that the business is well prepared for any future legal amendments and enactments.
* Advise and educate the business on appropriate raw material selection for regional compliance and support the business strategy by working with the Sales, Marketing and Technical teams to ensure that only products with appropriate compliance are promoted and sold to market.
* Ensure a robust system is in place to flag checks on compliance data for Regional Compliance across global sites.
* Provide support to the R&D teams on new product developments and enhancements
* Progress the Regulatory Affairs approval stages within the raw material and product notification systems in accordance with RA procedures for approval.
* Work with external third parties / regulatory service providers to ensure a robust and efficient service is provided
* Support the development and renewal of efficient processes. Ensure processes are formally documented and communicated as appropriate.
* Education: Degree in a science related subject (Chemistry), postgraduate scientific qualification would be desirable but not essential.
* Experience: Previous regulatory experience within chemical industry, Knowledge and experience of CLP, GHS and REACH.
Salary - £40k-£50k + Company Benefits
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: BBBH4831
- Posted: 24th May 2021
- Expires: 21st June 2021