A rapidly growing, London start-up that has huge exposure in the packaging industry is currently recruiting for a Production Manager to join its team. This company has an ambitious mission to 'make packaging disappear' and is responsible for the development of biodegradable materials - applied into packaging to eradicate single-use plastics.
As Production Manager, you will manage a small team of operators with the view to double headcount of this group by the end of this year. To be successful, you will possess previous experience acting as a Production Supervisor/Manager (ideally in a food manufacturing background) managing, coaching and motivating a team with the ability to oversee manage schedules.
Production Manager responsibilities
- Manage a growing production team - currently 3 production operators but expected to increase to at least 6 by the end of the year.
- Organise tasks and make a weekly rota, motivate the team daily, be accountable for implementing the food safety policy, and organising the packing and shipping of the outbound product.
- Managing the production team, giving daily task instructions, and monitoring performance.
- Making schedules with the Operations Lead to arrange and prioritise tasks.
- Organising the production space.
- Implementation and daily verification of the food safety policies
- Update registers & logs daily / weekly.
- Packing product at the end of the day and ensuring it is ready for collection / delivery.
- Measuring output and collecting data on performance efficiency.
- Oversee quality control measures.
- Prepare and facilitate external audits from clients/regulatory bodies.
- Communicating production issues with the Operations Lead and Commercial Team, as necessary.
Production Manager requirements
- Previous experience acting as a Production Supervisor/Manager within a food manufacturing environmental.
- Experience implementing HACCPs and Food Safety certifications (BRC or SALSA).
- Proactive attitude with the mindset of 'getting tasks done' approach.
- Good operational mindset and attention to detail
- Good time management and comfortable working with tight schedules
In return, there is a huge opportunity to join a disruptive start-up in the packaging industry that is actively leading the way in developing alternative materials to eradicate single-use plastics. The organisation has plans to rapidly expand and expects this role to progress quickly into a senior appointment as the company grows.
£Competitive + Shares + Pension + State of the art facility
Production Manager/HACCP/Food Manufacturing
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6927
- Posted: 24th May 2021
- Expires: 21st June 2021