A rapidly growing, London start-up that has huge exposure in the packaging industry is currently recruiting for a Technical Project Manager to join its team. This company has an ambitious mission to 'make packaging disappear' and is responsible for the development of biodegradable materials - applied into packaging to eradicate single-use plastics.
As Technical Project Manager, you will lead development projects of new coating technology, managing external partner relationships and scale-up of existing manufacturing processes to maximise capacity. To be successful, you will possess a strong academic track record ideally in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering coupled with proven project management experience in a development/R&D environment.
Technical Project Manager responsibilities
- Lead development projects of new coating technology, applied in packaging applications (coated paper products).
- Develop and maintain relationships with external industrial partners and contractors to industrialise new products.
- Manage the scale up of existing manufacturing processes to maximise capacity.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing issues with partners and identify technical solutions to ensure optimal properties at industrial production scale.
- Manage the planning and organisation of the industrial pilots with new partners and establish a technical route to market.
- Conduct, and document testing techniques for evaluation of new or improved material formulations.
- Understand and conform to relevant safety standards including but not limited to industrial processes and food grade equipment.
Technical Project Manager requirements
- Degree level qualification in a scientific discipline - ideally Chemistry, Materials Science of Chemical Engineering.
- Proven technical project management experience - working directly in an innovative R&D environment. Previous experience from a materials, paper or films background is highly desirable.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to work well across all levels of staff.
- Confident at being hands-on in the lab and excellent self-starter.
- Quick learner and comfortable working in novel environments.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities according to changing requirements.
In return, there is a huge opportunity to join a disruptive start-up in the packaging industry that is actively leading the way in developing alternative materials to eradicate single-use plastics. The organisation has plans to rapidly expand and expects this role to progress quickly into a senior appointment as the company grows.
£Competitive + Shares + Pension + State of the art facility
Technical Project Manager/Chemistry/Paper/Packaging/Coatings/Scale-up/R&D/Films
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6926
- Posted: 24th May 2021
- Expires: 21st June 2021