Due to continued expansion, a pharmaceutical business has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join its team. You will support the business across strategy, client services, marketing & exhibitions and new business development. To be considered, you must have previous experience in a business development based role within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Assist the Associate Director - Business Operations with the production of a Marketing and Business Development strategy and responsible for the execution of that strategy
- Briefing Senior Management on Business Development activity and potential areas for new and increased activity.
- Setting out and monitor an annual Business Development budget aligned to the Marketing and Business Development strategy.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with existing, new and potential clients.
- Arranging visits to client sites, host visits at our sites and arrange video calls on a regular basis in order to get a better understand of client needs.
- Produce reports on client activity and client specific service levels.
- Assist other sections with dealing with client issues.
- Assist Department Heads and other managers with client meetings and discussions.
- Work with the Quotations Team and Accounts department on requests for information, tenders, and pricelists and for the management of discount schemes.
- Maintain, build and update client data including the CRM
- Production and review of Client Agreements as required
Marketing and exhibitions:
- Analysis of markets, competitors and other metrics to identify potential changes, trends and shifts in the marketplace.
- Follow up leads resulting from publicity campaigns etc. and to develop new contacts and clients.
- Identify and attend relevant exhibitions and conferences.
- Develop ideas and work with subject matter experts to produce technical papers and news items.
New markets, services and clients
- Identify and follow up on new leads and prospects
- Identification of potential new markets and services, provide a technical analysis of the laboratories capability and formulate plans to action anything needed.
- Management of the Business Development responsibilities for the development of new areas of work and services.
Experience and Skills required
- Proven experience and background in and business development.
- Marketing experience.
- Working experience of CRMs
- Background from the Pharmaceutical or related industries.
- Knowledge and/or experience of contract laboratories.
- Good marketing communications skills including the production of literature.
- Able to work on their own and as part of a team as required.
- Good verbal and written English.
- Good communication skills being able to adapt styles to suit various audiences.
- Able to analyse and process data to produce reports.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Good presentation abilities.
- Confident speaker with strong influencing skills.
- Clean UK Driving Licence
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 68541
- Posted: 24th May 2021
- Expires: 21st June 2021