CK Group are recruiting for a Research Scientist to join the Microbial Process Sciences team in a leading drug discovery business, at their state-of-the-art facilities located in Slough on an initial 1 year contract.
Our client is in the business of improving the lives of patients around the globe with a particular focus on neurology and immunology-based diseases.
This position will be based on our client?s site in Slough.
Research Scientist Role:
In this role, you will be involved in a range of process development activities across fermentation and primary recovery including process optimisation studies and troubleshooting investigations, evaluation of cellular response to process operations, assessment of effects on product quality, determination of process scalability and tech transfer to GMP facilities.
Further responsibilities will include to:
- Learn new techniques and processes while working in a collaborative high performing team environment.
- Gain new practical and soft skills
- Utilize knowledge from molecular biology, biochemical engineering, microbial process development, statistics, and cellular metabolism to aid in process development and optimization of upstream processes producing protein therapeutics.
You will contribute by:
- Performing microbial process development experiments for the improvement of existing processes at lab and pilot scale (from 250mL to 200L).
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A minimum of a BSc/BEng (or equivalent) in Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering or related discipline
- Experience working in a lab environment, ideally with E.coli cells
- Highly organized with a meticulous attention to detail
This role will offer the successful candidate an invaluable opportunity to develop their career within the Biopharmaceutical industry.
Quote job reference 50708.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Graeme Pallas
- Phone: 0191 384 8905
- Reference: 50708
Website: CK Group
- Updated: 1st June 2021
- Expires: 29th June 2021