A specialist consultancy in the personal care sector has an exciting opportunity for a Junior Formulation Chemist to join its team. Your role will be to design new formulations in response to client briefs, conduct market research and make batches of trial formulations. To be considered you must have a strong educational background, including a Master's degree in chemistry or a related subject with 2:1 grade or higher.
- Helping to brainstorm and design new formulations in response to client briefs.
- Researching and assessing market trends.
- Making batches of trial formulations
- Helping to collate raw material data and upload it onto our formulation software.
- Developing a broad understanding of cosmetic product legislation and regulations.
- Communicating complex technical information clearly and concisely.
- Regular contact with clients, suppliers and other project collaborators.
- Supporting and working alongside other team members.
Previous cosmetic science experience is not required, but the role is also open to candidates with up to 3 years of industry experience.
- Have a strong scientific education, including a Master's degree in chemistry or a related subject with 2:1 grade or higher
- Be self-motivated and keen to take on responsibility.
- Have a scientific approach to problem solving.
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be eager to learn and understand new technologies, and apply this knowledge to formulations.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6922
- Posted: 21st May 2021
- Expires: 18th June 2021