We are currently looking for a Scientist - Cell Biology to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy company based in the London area. As the Scientist - Cell Biology you will be responsible for the development of Bioassays for the characterisation and phenotyping of viral vector and cell based therapeutics.
You will have to opportunity to apply your experience in developing expression and potency assays to characterise a range of life change Advanced Therapies.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Scientist - Cell Biology will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Work in a matrix environment designing and developing Bioassays to support product characterisation.
2. Plan, write and execute scientific protocols for assessment of Cell and Gene Therapeutics including but not limited to Migration, Inhibition and Cytotoxicity assays as well as transduction, transcription and infectivity assays.
3. Record, analyse and communicate experimental findings in scientific reports, posters and peer-reviewed publications and present results internally and to external collaborators.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Scientist - Cell Biology we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD or Undergraduate degree with relevant industry experience in a life sciences setting.
2. Proven experience in developing Bioassays as well as Mammalian Cell Culture where experience with cell imaging, assay validation and molecular techniques are desirable.
3. Experience with transgene expression (qPCR based assays), Protein expression (Western Blot, Immunofluorescence, ELISAs) and infectivity based assays such as TCID50.
Key Words: Bioassay | Cell Based Assay | Potency Assay | Migration Assay | Inhibition Assay | Knockdown Assays | Characterisation | Phenotyping | Transduction Assay | TCID50 | Cell Therapy | Gene Therapy | Mammalian Cell Culture | Cell imaging | Molecular Biology
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Georgia Walden
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5634981
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 20th May 2021
- Expires: 17th June 2021