CK Group are recruiting for a Principal Scientist - Validation, to join an expanding R&D department within a fast-growing and friendly biotech business.
Our client is an industry leader in the development and manufacture of real-time PCR kits and reagents. Their customers span academia, research, healthcare, the food industry and the veterinary industry and they sell to over 100 countries worldwide.
An exciting new venture for the company lies with developing CE IVD diagnostic assays and designing innovative molecular diagnostics solutions. Your primary role will be to lead a team heavily involved in these activities.
Principal Scientist - Validation Role:
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Leading research efforts to meet the objectives i.e. planning work and managing deadlines, mentoring other researchers.
- Leveraging expertise in a diverse array of molecular biology techniques (e.g. isothermal PCR, lateral flow assays, next-gen sequencing).
- Assist, when required in the development and optimization of new molecular technologies.
- Ensuring the team has the resources (e.g. equipment, staff, training etc.) to properly perform validation and clinical performance tasks.
- A Bachelor\'s degree in a related field.
- Experience in industry.
- Previous PCR knowledge and hands-on experience.
- Ability to plan experiments, problem solve and progress projects independently.
- Experience of working within a quality system, particularly ISO 13485 (desirable).
For more information or to apply for this Principal Scientist - Validation position, please contact Naynesh Mistry on 01246 457703 or email@example.com, quoting job ref 50690.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Naynesh Mistry
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 50690
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 20th May 2021
- Expires: 17th June 2021