My client, based in London are looking for a Viral Vector Scientist to provide expertise in the execution of viral vector industrialisation projects. The successful candidate will use QBD principles and industrial bioprocessing techniques such as cell factory-based expansion and virus production, stirred tank bioreactor processing, primary recovery using filtration approaches, purification via chromatographic methods and associated analytical techniques you will help to design, execute and document process development activities for viral vector projects.
- Work with senior and lead scientists to design process development activities for viral vector projects
- Responsible for executing agreed research independently with minimal supervision
- Maintain accurate records and manage raw data in line with company policies
- Independently analyse raw data to a high standard and present results to project teams and external clients/collaborators as appropriate
- Prepare accurate and technically cohesive SOPs and reports to allow technical transfer and support regulatory submissions.
- Collaborate with Project Managers and the Technical Transfer team and to enable the development and technical transfer of viral vector processes.
- Establish and maintain strong interaction with academic and industrial collaborators to provide engineering solutions for vector cell line development, upstream or downstream bioprocessing
- MSc within Engineering or Life Sciences subject with experience working in process development, scale-up or GMP manufacturing roles, at least part of which is within industry OR PhD. in an area relevant to cell and gene therapies.
- Upstream and downstream bioprocessing of biologics essential, specific experience with the bioprocessing of viral vectors would be advantageous.
- Experience of working with GMP regulations to manufacture viral vectors, cell therapies or other biologics are desirable.
- Cell culture of human and/or mammalian cell lines using a variety of bioreactors
- Experience with the use of AKTA technology for purifying biologics using chromatographic processes
- Experience of viral vectors used in the ex vivo and in vivo modification of products is desirable.
- Experience in QMS is desirable
- Validation, trouble shooting, development and scale-up experience
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to forge a career in cutting edge science, within a renowned business in London.
Please apply online or call Umul Ahmed on 0203 0964529
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2160409
- Posted: 18th May 2021
- Expires: 15th June 2021